Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Change

Change...some people see it as a good thing, some people see it as a scary thing, some people are probably immune to any feelings of anxiety associated with change and others are probably frightened stiff by the idea of change.

I fall somewhere in the middle of all that. 


There is change coming in the Sally household.  Mustang and I are changing up how our work/family balance looks.  Mustang is going to try out being a part-time stay-at-home dad...and I am going to go back to working full-time.  We still have a lot of details to work out, but as of November 7th I will be a full-time emplyee again.

Change.

Lots of Change.

So many questions run through my head...
  • Am I going to hate it?
  • Am I going to miss Buttercup an unbearable amount?
  • Am I going to be jealous of Mustang's relationship with our daughter?
  • Am I going to be jealous that Mustang 'succeeded' and I 'failed'?
  • Why do I look at it as I 'failed'?
  • What if it works out GREAT?
  • What if Mustang is really good at being a part-time stay-at-home dad?
  • What if being full-time doesn't help me feel 'caught up' at work?
  • What if I never feel 'caught up' at work?
  • What if I make mistakes and choose work over family too often?
  • What if I never have any further opportunities to advance in my career?
  • What if, what if, what if, am I, am I, am I...
There's a whole lot of "I" in that list above.  My big prayer right now is to take the focus off of ME and put it back on God's PLAN for our family!


So, here's to CHANGE!  Here's to things not working out the way YOU PLAN...but maybe HOPEFULLY working out in God's PLAN!
~The Woman With 4 First Names

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting! And I think it's totally normal for you to be asking all of these questions. I have potential change coming up, too, that job in Madison is going to come through, I think. I talk with the lady tonight. Please pray!! I'm freaking out.

    ReplyDelete