Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Husband's Faith

Mustang's top spiritual gift is faith.  Mamaw Sally's (Mustang's grandmother) top spiritual gift was also faith.  I met Mamaw Sally in the nursing home she lived at two years before she past; but I didn't really get to know her until her funeral.  I always meant to tell my NC Dad that Mamaw's funeral was such a gift to me, to hear stories of my husband's grandmother and to get to know her through those stories and the memories of her that were shared at her funeral is something that I will always be grateful for.

Huston and Mamaw Sally - Christmas 2008

The spiritual gift of faith is defined as: to be firmly persuaded of God's power and promises to accomplish His will and purpose and to display such a confidence in Him and His Word that circumstances and obstacles do not shake that conviction.

I don't have the spiritual gift of faith.  Currently, I struggle with believing that I don't deserve any of the things I have in life...and on top of that wondering if my faith is tied to my situation more so than to who God is.  Enter my hubby, who last night stated, "we need to find a way for my spiritual gift of faith to benefit you, too".

Oh, hubby, it already does!!  In ways that I can't put words to.  Thank you dear Jesus for my hubby's faith and for the spilling-over effects it has in my life and others!


The Sally Family at Mamaw's Funeral - Oct 2010

If I had to describe Mamaw Sally's funeral in one word...that word would have to be beautiful.  It was a gathering of family and friends and loved ones.  It was a celebration of our loving God and that Mamaw now lives with our Savior.  It was a time to remember and a time to learn, a chance to mourn and a chance to be with one another.  Thank you Mamaw Sally for the life you lived and the love you poured out to your family!

~The Woman with 4 First Names

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I appreciate your honesty, Elizabeth, as I too, struggle with knowing I don't deserve what I have, that I've been blessed, that God is bigger than my situation, etc.

    ReplyDelete