Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Mustang and I took a weekend away this past weekend and then I had a work trip and didn't get back until tonight.  Being away has made me think of all the things I appreciate about home.

1.  Mustang.  I miss him when we are not together.  He truly is my better half.

2.  Buttercup.  I think that I will be addicted to the video monitor for the next month.  She grew and changed so much in the almost week that I was away.

Buttercup ~ Sept 2011
3.  My Home.  I am so thankful for our house, which has been made into a home.  A hope of mine is that all who enter our home feel welcomed and loved.

4.  Familiarity.  I can get lost in a paper bag and so enjoy not having to deal with negotiating an unfamiliar city without hubby.

5.  Hubby's voice.  As I sit here listening to him talk to a friend I realize just how much comfort and how much love I hear in his voice.

My 2 Favorites ~ July 2011
6.  Friends.  While I can handle situations where I don't know anyone and have to initiate many conversations it is such a blessing to be close to those who 'know' me.

7.  Buttercup.  Wait, did I say her already?

8.  Central Time.  Even just an hour difference threw me off a little.

9.  8 hour work days.  Or at least not 14 hour ones.

10.  Mustang.  Wait, did I say him already?

Yeah for being HOME!
~ The Woman With 4 First Names

1 comment:

  1. I love your list! you truly do have lots to be thankful for. And I do feel welcomed and loved when I enter your home. I have from the first time my dad and I took a tour with Matt when he was painting before ya'll were married!

    ReplyDelete