Friday, September 23, 2011

If Money Were No Object...

The church I attend is doing a sermon series on IDOLS...money, success, family, relationships...how we take good things and make them THE ULTIMATE THING...instead of finding our identity in Christ and growing in relation with Him and becoming whom He intended us to be...we become bedazzled by fill-in-the-blank and decide that we know better than the Creator of the universe and that we should put our hopes and dreams in fill-in-the-blank.

Recently, a girlfriend of mine recommended and borrowed me the book Chazown.  The back of the book reads:

Chazown
(pronounced khaw-ZONE)
from the Hebrew, meaning
a dream, revelation, or
vision.
You were born with your
own Chazown.
Do you know
what it is?

In the book the author asks the question, "If money were no object, what would you do for the rest of your life?". 
So, lately I've been doing a lot of self-inventory. 
I've been asking myself, "what are my idols?".
I've been asking myself, "If money were no object,
what would I do for the rest of my life?".

Mostly, I'm still asking...and praying for wisdom...and trying to hear God's voice...
Much love folks!
~The Woman With 4 First Names


1 comment:

  1. I read that book with a group the summer of 2007, I think! How fun that you're reading it now. And I'm so glad you're taking the series to heart and praying about it. What a good church attender you are :). I miss BH.

    ReplyDelete