Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Shout-Out

Urban Dictionary defines shout-out as:
  1. A public expression of gratitude or thanks;
  2. A kind mention of a homey. 
Personally, I prefer the second definition.  Today's shout-outs goes to my friends.  After spending the morning walking and talking with a dear friend. I've been reflecting on all the amazing friends God has put into my life.

My very first best friend was my wonderful cousin Hilary.  My childhood memories are filled with her, I can't remember (nor can my parents) a weekend that I wasn't begging to have her over.


Still dressing alike after all these years

I've lost touch with most people from my grade school, but Jamie and I will always have each other for reminiscing on movie dates!  Although we haven't had one in awhile Jamie's busy planning her wedding right now...so excited for her...and I've been a little busy myself with our new addition!!!


Julie, Jamie and Jess were a big help preparing the flowers at our wedding
High school was a harder time for me friend wise which makes it so amazing 10 years past high school to see all the amazing people that I get to experience life with.

During college I had many networks of different people that supported me throughout those 4.5 years.  I will always be indebted to LaLaT and Steven for their help while my family core changed.  These years also brought Kerri and Beth into my life and these two have had such a part in shaping my relationship with God and supporting me in the after college years.  Kerri (& hubby Brad) also had a hand in pointing out that Mustang was the man that I should be with!

Beth, Brad and Kerri 2009
Since college I've had the amazing luck to be placed in a job with great co-workers...Kathleen, Ann and Jenna I honestly don't even want to imagine what work would have been like without them at the beginning or now. 

Ann and I on a vacation trip to Florida - anyone for a nap?
And, last it brings me to all the people I have met through my church.  I believe in order to do them justice I will have to leave this post as "to be continued"...tune in for more shout-outs in the days/weeks/months to come...

~The Woman with 4 First Names

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and journey through your friends. Fun! I'm anxious to read all about the church friends you have, as I bet I know some of them :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out E - Work would definitely not be the same w/o you :-)

    ReplyDelete