Friday, August 5, 2011

Balance???

It has been a long week at work.  As I continue to strive to balance motherhood and my career aspirations I often find myself 'failing' at both.  I have a lack of focus at work as I stare at the blue-eyed beauty on my computer screen and on my cubicle 'walls' and I worry when what I deem as 'the good opportunities' go to my co-workers who are in the office every day of the week.  I struggle to fully enjoy my time at home with Buttercup wondering what 'fire' I will have to put out the next day at work that maybe wouldn't have escalated if I had been there and I worry about keeping up with my co-workers when I am in the office fewer days.

Heart Melter
So, the question remains in my mind at least - "Is it possible to balance career aspirations and family as I seek to be a light in God's kingdom?"

I choose to have faith that it is possible.  After all, with Him who created all things all things are possible.  It just might not look like the way I believe it should.  Therefore, tonight I also choose to give my dreams to God...my desire to be a career woman and show my daughter that you can be a mom and have a career, my desire to be an awesome mom and help my kid(s) learn and explore and know God, my desire to be an amazing wife to a hubby who works hard everyday in everything he does, my desire to be a friend to those whose path crosses mine...and ask Him to lead me.

~The Woman with 4 First Names

1 comment:

  1. I get one day off a week so for me being a working mom means getting the best of both worlds, but I too feel the pull in both directions. It beats hating one world while you are stuck in the other though! :)

    ReplyDelete