Sunday, August 14, 2011

Home Making

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon in the Sally home.  With golf commentary in the background and Buttercup's sound machine noises coming through the monitor, I page through a Parenting magazine and come across the following line in one of the articles...

"See, he's also neater and more organized than I am, and living with him can make me feel alternately like a rebellious teenager or an inept homemaker."

Whow. 

I have a confession, I am a terrible house keeper.  I love my house and love having a neat house and love having a house that's in order; but if left solely to me it would not happen.

Mustang is an amazing house keeper.  He is focused and strategic and is always thinking about what needs to get done.

At this point, just slightly over 2 years into our marriage, this is still a struggle for us.  I often feel as though I am not good enough and will never be able to do enough to make hubby happy.  Mustang often feels frustrated that things don't get done in a timely manner and like he is responsible for all the house stuff getting done.

So, what do we do?  We compromise...

I am called to love and serve and respect my husband.  He is called to love and serve and respect me.  We vowed to do this until "death do us part".

We do not get it perfect.  And I still often bounce between feeling like a rebellious teen and an inept homemaker.  But, where best to cultivate putting others in front of myself than in my very own home, with my very own husband.

I have to run now...the laundry is calling my name...
The Woman With 4 First Names

1 comment:

  1. I am a HORRIBLE house keeper too! My hubby does most of it and most of the cooking. I'm worthless! :) At least we make beautiful babies, right? :)

    ReplyDelete