Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fa La La La La...

We decked our halls! 

Okay...2 posts in one day I know after such a long dry spell...crazy!  But as I'm sitting here trying to keep the house quiet to allow Buttercup some good rest (she's been a bit 'off' this last week) I just can't help myself!

So...we decked our halls!!  Christmas decorating is going to be a time of good cheer and grand memories in our house I just know it.  Mustang and I LOVE IT.  It's 'slap-your-momma' fun!  (Sorry insider joke for those that get Mustang's southern humor). 

It starts by pulling out our fake Christmas tree.  It took awhile to convince me to go fake, but ultimately I have no sense of smell so why deal with the additional mess that a real tree makes when I can't smell it? 

The fluffing begins...


It's all about your light strategy people...you have to layer the lights in.


Buttercup was VERY interested in the whole process.


Leave it to Mustang to pull out the Baby Bjorn so Buttercup could be in on the action...


Mustang...your head is shinning...


My most favorite thing about decorating for Christmas is putting out the Nativity Set.  It was my favorite thing to do growing up and it remains at the top of the list now as an adult.  I can't wait for Buttercup to be old enough to help but just being able to point out baby Jesus to her and have a tid-bit of how it might be in years to come made my heart sing (off-key probably but still it SANG!).


And no sooner had it begun and we were done.  The tree was up and decorated and beautiful and the Nativity Set was placed in its home for this Christmas season. 


Merry Christmas!!
~ The Woman With 4 First Names

No comments:

Post a Comment