Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Love Letter

Tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of being married to the man that God made for me.  Our courtship (do people still use that word?!?) and marriage have been filled with many blessings and trials, many kisses and tears and much happiness and frustration.  In honor of being loved by a man that I love all-the-way-down to my toes I write this letter:

My Mustang,

It is over 3.5 years ago that you stood at my door and mumbled "Would-you-consider-letting-me-take-you-out-on-a-date?" (to which I eagerly replied "Yes!").  At that very moment you stole a part of my heart.  You captured the whole thing soon after and I remember the day that I knew I had to tell you that I loved you.  I had no plan of attack, but knew that waiting was not an option.

My Man and me when we were dating 2008
6 months we dated and on our 6 month dating anniversary you asked me a question that made me feel like the luckiest lady in the whole wide world.
  
Engagement Photo 2008 - Matt Kirk Photography
We were engaged a thrilling and long 13 months.  Those 13 months were filled with love, laughter, tears and times of struggle...we had started knitting our lives together.  Everyday our WEDDING DAY grew closer and closer.  I so appreciated all the hard work you put into the details of planning our wedding day while most men are NID (not into details) that description does not fit you in the slightest.
Wedding Photo 2009 - Matt Kirk Photography
And then we were married.  Happily Ever After and all that, right?!?  To some degree yes, but not in the fairytale sense.  Every day I see more and more how God created us for each other.  As a good friend of mine has said: "Marriage is hard work, but the BEST work." 

10 months into marriage we were amazingly blessed and started our journey to prepare to become parents.  One cold day in February we became parents to a beautiful baby girl.  Buttercup has been such an amazing blessing in our life and I am so glad to be on this parenting journey with you.

I want you to know this anniversary that you mean so much to me and I love you all-the-way-down-to-my-toes!!!!
Family Picture Summer 2011
 Forever yours, Sweetpea

2 comments: